We started Fetch & Follow by making handmade and all natural dog treats and we thought it to be only fitting that one of our first blog posts should be a dog treat recipe for you to try and make at home.
Now nothing much has really changed since the beginning when it comes to how we make our dogs treats, they are still made in our kitchen by hand (apart from the use of our handy nutribullet) in small batches using where possible locally sourced ingredients, meaning you at home should have no trouble in knocking up a batch of these Banana and Apple Cookies.
1 small eating apple (we get ours from our local farmers market)
½ fair trade banana (mashed)
1 cup of spelt flour
½ cup of oat bran
shaped cookie cutters
- Pre heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper
- Using a blender blitz the apple and 1/4 cup of water
- Sift the flour and cinnamon into a bowl then add the oat bran
- Add the mashed banana and using your hands start to combine with the dry ingredients
- Slowly start to add the apple water a little at a time until you have a firm dough. If your mixture is too dry add a little more and if it is too wet add a little more flour.
- Lightly flour a clean surface or line with baking paper
- Turn the dough out onto your floured surface, then using a rolling pin roll the dough to the same thickness as a pound coin.
- Using a shaped cutter start cutting out your desired shape placing the cut cookies onto the lined baking tray making sure to leave 1cm gap between each cookie
- Bake for 10-12minutes or until golden and no longer soft to touch
- Transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool – please make sure the cookies are completely cooled before giving to your dog
Keep the biscuits in an airtight container for 5-7days