With Valentine's Day just round the corner we wanted to share with you a take on our classic 'Love Heart' dog treats using strawberries and bananas. So why not spoil your dog with these delicious biscuits this Valentines to let them know just how much you care.
- Pre heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper
- In a small saucepan add the strawberries, honey and cinnamon with a splash of water and cook over a low heat until the strawberries soften. Then leave to cool
- Sift the flour and cinnamon into a bowl then add the oat bran
- Add the mashed banana and using your hands start to combine with the dry ingredients
- Slowly start to add the strawberry and cinnamon puree a little at a time until you have a firm dough. If your mixture is to dry add a little more and if it is to wet add a little more flour.
- Lightly flour a clean surface
- Turn the dough out onto your floured surface and using a rolling pin roll the dough to the same thickness as a pound coin.
- Using the round shaped cutter start cutting out your circles placing the cut cookies onto the lined baking tray making sure to leave 1cm gap between each cookie
- Then using your heart shaped cutter gently push these into the cut circles to give the ‘Love Heart’ shape. You can even add a little saying if you have any alphabet cookie cutters
- Bake for 10-12minutes or until golden and no longer soft to touch
- Transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool – Please make sure the cookies are completely cooled before giving to your dog
Keep the biscuits in an airtight container for 5-7days