With Christmas just around the corner we felt it was only right to share with you a festive inspired dog treat flavoured biscuit. All throughout December our special edition festive dog treats become avalible and this is a twist on George's Gingerbread surprises
1tbsp of Molasses
2tsp ground ginger
1tsp ground cinnamon
¼ cup of sunflower oil
1 cup of organic spelt flour
½ cup of organic buckwheat flour
Festive shaped cookie cutters
- Pre heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper
- Sift the flours, ginger and cinnamon into a bowl
- Add the molasses and sunflower oil
- Using your hands start to combine with the dry ingredients
- Slowly start to add some water a little at a time until you have firm dough. If your mixture is to dry add a little more water and if it is to wet add a little more flour.
- Lightly flour a clean surface
- Turn the dough out onto your floured surface and using a rolling pin roll the dough to the same thickness as a pound coin.
- Now being Christmas you can have lots of fun when it comes to the cutters you choose for your biscuits. You can even turn these into tree or present decorations for your dog to enjoy on Christmas day.
- Using a festive shaped cutter, start cutting out your desired shape placing the cut cookies onto the lined baking tray making sure to leave 1cm gap between each cookie
- Bake for 10-12minutes or until golden and no longer soft to touch
- Transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool – Please make sure the cookies are completely cooled before giving to your dog
Keep the biscuits in an airtight container for 5-7days